Connie Blumenthal

The Most Seasoned Real Estate Connoisseur in Greater Seattle and Mercer Island Luxury Real Estate Markets

Chef Bradley Dickinson Cooks for a Cause

  There are meals that will satisfy hunger and delight our taste buds, and then there are life changing meals that not only fill our stomach but warm our hearts and make a difference. FareStart’s gourmet restaurant is a place you can get just that.

On May 26, visit FareStart Restaurant for Guest Chef Night with Chef Bradley Dickinson from Pearl Bar & Dining in Bellevue and help support an organization making a difference for the greater good.

Chef Bradley Dickinson has a passion for authentic and rich flavors; local, seasonal fare and a hands-on commitment have been his winning formula throughout an exciting career in restaurants. Brad’s experience developing menus and concepts and managing kitchens dates back more than 20 years in Seattle and Bellevue.

Proceeds from Guest Chef Night will benefit FareStart, a Seattle culinary job training and placement program for homeless and disadvantaged individuals. In the last 19 years, FareStart has served more than 4.5 million meals, while providing nearly 5,000 people the opportunity to gain marketable skills in the food industry. About 2,500 meals are cooked each day in FareStart kitchens; 80 percent of which go to child care centers, shelters and low income seniors. The remaining 20 percent are served in their gourmet restaurant on 7th and Virginia as well as their various cafes. But FareStart is more than a job placement program or a meal service; their goal is to create a sense of community and family for those who lost it or never had it. Not only do they teach someone how to cook, they provide them hands on experience that will ultimately lead to self-sufficiency.

On May 9, 2011, FareStart executive director Megan Karch accepted the James Beard Foundation Humanitarian award for the organization’s work. Karch commented that the James Beard Foundation clearly understands the transformative and community-building power of food. The Foundation, which explores the way food enriches our lives, gives the Humanitarian award to an individual or organization in the food industry who has “given selflessly and worked tirelessly” to make a difference in the society at large for the better.

Guest Chef Night is open to the public and reservations are strongly suggested. For last minute requests, call 206-267-7601 to check for availability.

Sotheby's International Realty® is a registered trademark licensed to Sotheby’s International Realty Affiliates LLC. Each Office Is Independently Owned And Operated. Seller reserves the right to change product offering without notice.