Lunch away - get out of the office or corner cafe and discover ways to lunch around the city.
Sometimes it's nice to declare, "This week, I'm busy for lunch" and have it mean something other than a weighty work load. This week let your lunch time reign supreme, check out for an hour (or so) and reclaim your mid-day meal.
1) Grab lunch to-go and enjoy DuPen Fountain- Crafted by noted UW professor and sculptor, Everett DuPen (1912–2005) the "creation-esq" form and placement of these bronze beauties is a hidden gem inside an otherwise dreary venue (Seattle Center, which let's face it, really hasn't been the same since the Sonics left).
Seattle Center 305 Harrison St. Seattle, WA 98109 ¦ Website
2) Frye Art Museum - One of my favorite museums in the city, the Frye always has interesting series on display, and a change of pace often. Not to mention a pretty great (small, but cool) gift shop, and noteworthy cafe (the salmon salad is always great, as are the daily soups).
3) Japonessa Happy Hour (starts at noon daily) - Don't let their Japanese/Spanish fusion reputation fool you into expecting anything less than fantastic Japanese fare. With an occasional nod to Spanish style scattered throughout a decidedly Japanese menu, spend one lunch hour inside Japonessa and see why we solidify their position on our "must-not-miss for lunch" list.
Japonessa ¦ 1400 1st Avenue Seattle, WA ¦ (206) 971-7979
4) Hit the Hiram M. Chittenden Locks - Ballard has a growing number of fantastic lunch stops (as does Fremont, and now a few in Magnolia) so take your pick "to-go," bundle up, and hang out at this iconic Seattle port system.
5) Breath Hot Yoga - ditch the mid-day blues with Breath Hot Yoga's mindfully scheduled mid-day retreat. The 45 minute class will leave you feeling rejuvinated, and ready to take on whatever is left on that desk of yours. Not to mention just enough time for a quick shower off, and smoothie stop.
Breath Hot Yoga ¦ Two locations: 2230 8th Avenue Seattle (206) 682-2949 and 3750 Southwest Alaska Street Seattle (206) 659-0092
Have great lunch time ideas? We would love to hear them! Send you favorite Seattle lunchtime pass-times to
info@SPOTLIGHTseattle.com SUBJECT "Lunchtime Pass-Times"
Click image to being slideshow: