Spring Home Checklist
When you own your own home, spring often signals a time when we clean out our living spaces to prepare for warmer weather. Here is a list of items to look at in your home in order to be 100% ready for the changing season:
- Clean the kitchen exhaust hood and filter.
- Check your furnace filter and replace if filthy.
- Have a look at your roof - did it incur any damages during the stormy season? While you're up there, clean out your gutters.
- Do all of the batteries in your smoke detectors work?
- Wash your windows.
- Have a look at your siding - replace what needs fixing and top with a fresh coat of paint.
- If you have a basement, head down and check it for water damage.
nother space in your home that often needs attention in the springtime is your garden. The early part of spring presents opportunities that will keep it looking gorgeous all through summer:
- Order seeds and plants.
- Check your household plants for pests.
- Prepare your garden tools and lawn mower for use!
- Prune your ornamental trees/shrubs and fruit trees.
- Check flowerbeds and replace dirt/mulch as needed and fertilize your plants.
- Start seeds of vegetables and flowers that are cool-season; freshen up your annual flower beds.
- Buy any trees or shrubs that you'd like to plant next winter, so you're prepared when that season comes around.